Monday, May 17, 2010

China, Entry #5

Rufus and I left India and met in China the next day via separate routes, but within one hour of each other. Everything is different. We have to learn the basics of a new language, method of eating, customs, surroundings, everything. We are settling in nicely. Back in India it is 44.7 (112 Fh), while it is a comfortable 18 (64 fh) in China. We feel like the red-hot iron a blacksmith quenches in water.

This is Rufus’ first time in China so he is photographing everything from the excessive landscape lights, to frogs slated for dinner. We are sharing the p_____ing and it is a fun to hear him compare Indian customs with our Chinese friends.

We have presented to three u________d groups and many are negotiating with Peter for a spot on the schedule. It is exciting to see God at work among c_______s that did not know of the existence of the others three years ago. C________s are hungry for G__’s word; they have 100 years of sheltering to catch up on. At least, that is how they feel. I have a different perspective.

I find Chinese b________s refreshing. They don’t dilute their f____h with the centuries of tradition, legalism, and intellectualism we have in the West. They have a passionate, child-like trust in J. C_____h buildings, human hierarchies, and wars over w______p styles never enter their consideration.

So what if they don’t follow the ecclesiastical calendar, have physical assets, or stop women from teaching; they love and obey J. I am learning more from them then they are from me. Sometimes they ask me embarrassing questions like, why do you have E_____r eggs and what is Halloween about?

When I get home with the videos, I think you will be convicted with me that when it comes to worship, I am a poser.

We have a core leader training session tonight, three c______s on Sunday, and the a three-day p_____s’ retreat for Monday to Wednesday. P__y we would get out of the way and let the S move in all of these times. G is busy here, but in a city of 11 million, there is a lot of work to do.

I hope you can get to the pictures. They tell much more of the story. http://gallery.me.com/jamesdchristian/100037

Enjoy!