Tuesday, September 20, 2005

King Jesus

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped. Rev 5:13-14

I have a confession. In the midst of my deepest worship, I fret over which part of the Trinity to pray to. Will I offend God by exclusive devotion to His Son; how does it make Father and Son feel when I yearn for only the Spirit’s presence? If I peek into the Holy of Holies (Ezek 3:12; Heb. 1:3; Rev 22:1), my concern is revealed to be more needless human anxiety. All three share the same throne, side-by-side. The Three in One, God the Father, Jesus the Son, Holy Spirit; perfect harmony, intertwined unity, eternal accord. Any praise to one is absorbed with joy by all three. By their unity I am freed to worship as I will.

Personally, I can best picture Jesus so I often worship Him alone. Holding nothing back, I hurl my being before the feet of King Jesus. Jesus, the object of all my yearning and of everything I hope to encounter. I see Him standing amidst His many lovers, billowing robe crossed by a sash of gold, a wholly attractive son of man with flame-white hair lofting around a rainbow-luminescent face (Rev 1:12-16; Ezek 1:26-28). It is a mental image worth holding onto until it is fulfilled.

On the day of my completion my spirit will rise out of this flesh—a butterfly free of its worm-cocoon. I will soar in ecstasy up to the dais and gape before the splendor of Jesus. His supernova radiance will not cause blindness and I will drink thousands of penetrating beams into my spirit-body and feel them as brilliant points of excitement, knowledge, peace, wholeness, and joy blended one and all into the truest definition of love. Oh come, Lord Jesus!

Prayer: With my face on the ground I worship you King Jesus.